This publication is part of the art project ELEGY AND (RE)PERCUSSION, 2019-2021, ainly formed by punching 1,104 coins by hand and stamping them with the motto I deserve affluence. In Mexico, niquel coins were used from 1970 to 1983, but they are not longer in use.
The phrase was obsessively stamped on the national emblem as an invitation to consider our own possibilities to access richness, affluence, abundance, wellness, as has been promised by politicians for many years. Is it possible to reach this stage as a community? Can we be part of the first world nations? Someday? I am also taking into consideration all the history around this very same idea, which provides us with a certain drive, making us pursue a goal, but also with the deception often related with our political classes.
Special edition collectible book.
- Title: Elegía y (re)Percusión (un mantra y una promesa)
- Year: 2021
- Author: Miguel Rodríguez Sepúlveda
- Translation: Victoria Narro
- Languages: Español e inglés
- Pages: 14
- Size: 5 x 7 inches (17.8 x 12.7 cm)
- Bound: free pages in conservation quality linen hard case.
- Print: fine art print in cotton paper.
- Edition: 350 copies numbered and signed on the back.
- Includes certificate of authenticity.
- ISBN: 978-607-29-2902-9
*frames not included.